Thursday, August 23, 2018

"We Used to Wait"

I am a child of the digital literacy age. Growing up as a 90's child, there has been many changes to the world and the way technology has worked in the past and how it works now. Of course, in my generation sending letters to one another is not a common thing. In the song "We Used to Wait" basically about how letters were very popular in the older age and how different this world is today. This song has a very strong meaning behind it because the generations now a days don't know what its like to send letters and wait for letters. This song really shows how much time has changed and how technology truly has taken over our lives and how we rely on it for anything that we need. Now a days you can hit one button and find out so much information or even hit a button and a message is sent out in 2 seconds rather than a week.
When I was little, I remember I would always go to my parents for any question that I had and it would take them a few minutes to answer because they weren't able to look up the answer online. It's the little things in life you remember that you didn't realize at the time would be so different to how everything in this world is now. In my opinion, I think letters are very old fashioned and a neat idea, however I am not the one to write a lot of letters because of the generation I have grown up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment